I've posted about this on my Ravelry group page, but I would like to talk more about it here! First, let's get all the repetition done! (This is a copy/paste of my Ravelry thread.)
"Fall is my favorite time of year, and I want to celebrate it with a fun Cowl-Along! I’ve come close to deciding that a good cowl is one of my favorite accessories. For some reason, there’s more gratification knitting one up than a scarf, I’m not worrying about what to do with the loose ends like a shawl, and I can continue wearing it at work when I’m very cold (unlike a hat).
With that, here are the rules of this Cowl-Along.
1) The pattern must be one of my cowls (Chocolate Chip Cowl, Cunegonde, Aviary, Marisol Cowl, Hideaway Cowl, Bohemian Cowl (Knitted), or Bohemian Cowl (Crocheted).
2) Any picture of a WIP or FO in this thread put up between today (October 24th) and the end of Thanksgiving weekend (Sunday, November 27th) will qualify for a chance to win a prize! (However, they must be new projects started, at the earliest, today.)
3) The grand prize will be chosen from pictures found within this thread that also have corresponding project pages linked to my pattern. So, please, post your pics (and if you can, hyperlink them) in here! I won’t know to search otherwise. ;o)
Start: October 24th
End: November 27th
Early Prize Drawing: October 27th (b/c it’s my birthday!)
Grand Prize: 1 Chuck Kit including: A hardcopy and e-copy of my newest pattern Chuck, enough yarn to make a pair of Chucks in Tell Tale Yarn Company Tidal Twinkle in the limited edition Toasted Pumpkin colorway, a stitch marker hand made by Ohmayzee, and two buttons; as well as your choice of 1 of my self published patterns.
- Early Prize Drawing: your choice of 1 of my self published patterns. To be eligible, please post a picture of either your WIP, FO, or even just the yarn and what pattern you plan on doing by the end of October 27th!
- FOs Drawing: a copy of my entire Candide Knits Collection (Candide, Cunegonde, Maggie, Martin, Pangloss, plus one mystery new pattern!
- WIPs Drawing: your choice of 1 of my self published patterns!
Fine print: all drawings will be chosen by random number generator based on qualifications. FO Drawing will only be chosen between pictures of FOs. WIPs will include any picture of WIPs, regardless of whether you finish by the deadline or not! Yes, you can enter multiple times with the same project, as long as there’s notable progress with each WIP shot! Grand Prize will be selected between my favorite pictures, WIP or FO, so be creative!"
I will personally be doing an adjusted version of my Chocolate Chip Cowl! I have enough yarn to do 2 more full length cowls, but I'm also going to be working one up that's roughly half the length to be a bit more snuggly around the neck! That's the one I'll be starting up tonight.
This is what happens when I pay attention to something other than the cat, when she wants attention... no ability to take pics of my cowl yarn and she chews the tag off. ;op Well, that's my current color scheme for my cowl!
Which cowl do you want to knit on? Any stash yarn for it, or will you go shopping for new yarn?? :o)